Female Driving Instructor
Choosing the right person to teach you to drive is vitally important from the outset, and it may be the case that you will respond better to a female driving instructor. Once an exclusively male occupation, the role of driving instructor is now often filled by females as women take to the road in increasing numbers.
Why choose female driving instructors
Many people, in particular women, prefer their driving instructor to be female for a number of reasons. This may help them to feel at ease and, as more women than ever before are learning to drive, the need for female driving instructors has never been greater.
- Only 15 per cent of the 30,000 driving instructors on the Driving Standards Agency register are female, although the number is growing all the time.
- Female driving instructors can be found across the UK, with the majority obviously concentrated in cities and large towns.
- It’s not just women – a growing number of men are seeking out the services of female driving instructors.
The advantages of a female driving instructor
Rightly or wrongly, some people feel intimidated by the prospect of learning to drive with a male instructor. Perhaps this is because of outdated stereotypes about male and female drivers, but many think a female driving instructor will be friendlier and more patient.
Whatever your reasons are, you will learn to drive more quickly if you feel relaxed and confident as it makes you more able to absorb instruction. Therefore, you should seek out the services of a female driving instructor if you think it will help you.
The growing need for female driving instructors
As more and more women learn to drive, so their purchasing power increases too.
- It is estimated that there are currently five female pupils for every three males.
- Women in Britain spend 12 billion pounds on cars annually and have an influence on 80% of all purchases.
As things change, the demand for female driving instructors will continue to grow. This is now a serious career option for women, so, if you’re female why not give some thought to becoming a driving instructor?